Saturday, July 30, 2011

Overcoming the Obstacles that Hinder Progress

 






My mind races daily with options such as, speed, easy, hard, never steady and slow - I'm speaking of getting this weight off of course. 

I am so challenged with what has worked for me in the past and what will work for me over 50. 
Fasting has worked great to take off the same 15 pounds
Eating clean has worked great if I take the time to do strength and conditioning

There are two, well maybe 3 things that are my absolute enemy to conquer: 
1.Drinking my water (1/2 your weight minimally a day) and 
2. Night snacking. 
3. Stress is another killer for me as I reach for comfort food moments to procrastinate dealing with the stress. 

My mind is my biggest challenge and obstacle in moving forward on my journey to eating and training myself healthy. Let me give you a picture: 
Picture a gerbil, I know they're kind of cute but kind of not to others, but go with me on this for a moment. 
A gerbil in his exercise cage ring! Got that visual? Yes running the ring round and round and going nowhere. That is what it is like in my mind often. 

I do know the answer, I do!  BUT... to get my mind to shut down long enough to follow in that direction is like trying to catch a fish with your hand "slippery lil sucker" I think for me it has to start with some quiet time and get into a 'zone' that I begin to train my mind to quiet down too. Once I arrive there, I can make the right choices for my health. 

What is your challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment