Tuesday, March 27, 2012

PLAN AHEAD AND EAT!






 OVERCOME FAILURE BY PLANNING TO FORGIVE YOURSELF

How many times have you set a plan, committed to stick with it and within a short window of time an event, any event as simple as getting together with a friend, draws you to a moment of weakness?  For me it can be a simple as talking to yourself and saying... "oh what the heck, "I'll just have a short drink", or "Hmmm this menu doesn't offer any clean eating items.."  "I'll just have the burger tonight and start over again in the morning".   But in the morning you feel awful for going off plan and wish you had just stuck with it, right?  Come on, we all go through this horrible feeling of failure.

Yep it happens to all of us, don't let anyone fool you.  And you know what?  
It's OK!  

Our mind plays tricks on us and beats us up with those awful thoughts..."You shouldn't have eaten or drunk that!"   Instead of just picking up our bootstraps and getting back on the horse, we sulk and feel awful about ourselves and what do we do...
YES!  We Eat and Drink More!

It's time we learn to plan ahead by making this part of our plan.   
I call it 'Plan F' - F is for FORGIVENESS.

FORGIVING myself BEFORE I go out by planning to eat and drink whatever I want for an event, has helped me to overcome the feeling of failure and remorse because I no longer am falling off my plan, instead it's part of my plan.  

When I don't plan ahead to give myself the freedom to eat what I want for an event, my mind instead views it as cheating.  The thought that I've cheated brings on the negative feeling of remorse.  That remorse has a 90% chance of causing me to make an excuse to stay off plan for longer, until I heal and start over.  It's all a mind game.  In any game you need strategy.  This strategy has helped me overcome the idea that I keep failing.  Instead I now look at it as 'I stayed on plan and I'm succeeding!"  See how that works?

It works for me, hope you try it and let me know if it works for you!

It's Just Me Val, Ciao'!

No comments:

Post a Comment