Saturday, June 11, 2011

STRESS and It's Affect on Focus, Eating Right and Working Out



HOW DO YOU LIVE IN STRESS?
FOR ME? I am exhausted and emotionally spent most of the time.  I have a lack of focus.  My energy is directed at two things, unproductive busyness to keep my mind occupied while working at a solution to relieve the source of the stress.  I find it very difficult to have the energy, focus and commitment to eat right and workout.

HOW DO YOU LIVE IN WORRY?
FOR ME? I find solace in reading, meditating and praying the truth over my life and the area of concern, I am able to keep up my workouts and eat right in times of worry.

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?
STRESS?  Stress is the body's reaction to a change that requires a physical, mental or emotional adjustment or response.Stress can come from any situation or thought that makes you feel frustrated, angry, nervous, or anxious.Stress is caused by an existing stress-causing factor or "stressor."

FOR ME? There's just something about my reaction to issues, people, uncertainty, that puts me into stress mode and it's different than worry for me.  I don't even have the capacity to worry in this mode.  AND I have an emotional hold on things like tears, where they want to come out but I am just holding everything back. 

COMFORT EATING AND STRESS
This is my trigger.  Stress takes me right down the road to comfort eating and it can turn into binging in an instant.  It's as if I am filling a hole, likely a void with food to take up time while the stress takes it course. I can feel it, see it, realize it, and yet I feel as if something is holding me down and I am not easily able to break through the wall of paralysis that stress throws my life into.

JUST DO IT!
I know the answer, DO IT, just DO IT!  Go up to the tredmill get on and DO a Workout, toss the snacks and just go for veggies.  Close my mouth and don't put a thing into it at night after dinner.  Pushing through this mindset is like ne pushing a Prowler with 200 lbs on it.  Hard as all get out.

BRAIN DUMPING
Do the one thing that helps me begin the breaking down process is to start a brain dump.
List out all the things I have to get done with target end dates attached
Prioritize it.  Execute on it.  AND THEN, as I relieve and resolve by beginning to work through my list, ONLY THEN does my stamina, energy and motivation come back allowing me to take care of ME and continue on the road to Eating Clean and Getting Healthy.

It's Just Me Val, Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment