Wednesday, May 25, 2011

CLOSET NIGHT SNACK ATTACKS

It's that time....everyone is heading to bed, the house will be empty and quiet.  Bonus! The remote is all YOURS!  All of the sudden...No, no, no...

A crackling sound in the kitchen is drawing you to it, what can that be?  You must investigate.

You go to the cabinets.
Check the chips, No?
Check the cookies, No?
Check the candy bin, No?
What about the Bread Basket?  YES!  That bread bag is settling in and calling your name...
just one piece with some peanut butter can't hurt and you go for it.
Time to settle down to watch the news, Mmmmm this is so good.

OH NO~!  You hear the crackling sound again

You go to investigate.  First the Snack Cabinet with the Cookies, Oh it was the cookies, here let me close them right, oh maybe I'll just grab a few while I'm at it, you walk away with 3 cookies!  Mmmmmm good.
Settling in to finish the news...

OH NO...not again?

You go to Investigate
This time is the candy cabinet....aha!  The cuprit is a bag of candy that is almost gone, who left this here empty, you look inside, OH it's got a couple of pieces left...how silly, let me finish them and just throw away the bag.  Mmmmm good!

Does this sound familiar to any of you?  It happens to me!  Come on be honest, I can't be the only one that is willing to come clean and out of the closet with Night Snack Attacks?

It starts so subtley.  I know my husband is going to bed and I think, Ohhh I'm feeling like I might be tempted tonight...I think "maybe I should get on the tredmill instead?"  I procrastinate.  Now he is getting ready to go up and I think "maybe I should go to bed quickly to and fight this off, let me just finish this last entry in Facebook"  And before I know it he kisses me goodnight and poof, I screwed up again, stayed behind and here it comes. NIGHT SNACK ATTACKS ENTER STAGE RIGHT: BUT WRONG!  And the rest is history.

SABOTAGING MYSELF
I sabotage myself.  I absolutely know when it's going to happen.  It's like an addict waiting for their fix.  I have worked hard all day to do my workouts, stay on track with my clean eating and I can ruin it with 30 minutes alone at night.

ACCOUNTABILITY AND SMART CHOICES
So accountability seems to always help me and this blog is my step in the accountability process!  The next time I feel this coming on I will commit to head right up to one of the two choices that make the most sense:  Workout on the Tredmill or Get to Bed!

Whether any of you will admit it or not, I know there are many of us out there and we need to destroy this aggravating enemy of ours called NIGHT SNACK ATTACKS...care to join me in my crusade?

It's just me, Val  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment