Monday, May 23, 2011

WHAT'S STOPPING YOU FROM STARTING?

What's Stopping You From Eating Right and Working out?
EXCUSES?  Any of these sound familiar?
  • Projects at work are taking up my time
  • House projects have to get done in any free time I have and I have so little time
  • I have errands to run this morning and then an event later, no time
  • I'm overwhelmed with how out of shape I am and this is going to take so long
Truth is these excuses will always exist as long as you are alive.
So how do we work around them?  We don't!

We have to come to a point where we are so determined to Eat Healthy and Work our Body for Health that nothing will stand in the way.  We must set a time and always have a Plan B time ready should an emergency find it's way into our lives.  Trouble is some of us live for crisis and emergencies arrives daily!  Excuses, Excuses, Excuses.

How important are YOU to you?  
How important is your health?  
What's holding you back from taking the first step?  

In an earlier post, (Flip a Switch) I mention several reasons why we procrastinate.  There are also just plain lies we keep telling ourselves like 
  • I'll do it in just a minute, let me finish this
  • I promise myself I am going to start tomorrow
  • I am going to start fresh on Monday, let me just get past this weekend. 
 
   Today Is Monday!  
FLIP THAT SWITCH NOW!

Here are some quick tips to get started:

  • Use this handy link to get started now!  http://www.caloriesperhour.com/
  • Figure out what your healthy weight should be and vision it for yourself (get a picture in your mind)
  • Figure out the calorie intake per day to reach your goal and write it down
  • Incorporate exercise to get some fat burn in and muscle tone going
  • Set a time everyday to workout, with a Plan B time for emergency situations
  • NOW, STICK to it, don't let anything come between you and your workout
  • Start with a simple 15 minute Walk for the first week, 
  • Add another 15 min walk to that in your second week, 
  • Pump up the volume and do 5 min of fast walking to each 15 min walk, 
  • Pump that up to 10 min in your third week, 
  • Add some light dumbells for arms in the 4th week
  • Write, write, write...journal your progress and setbacks...it helps!
There are so many helps out on Google for beginners. Just get moving!

YOU CAN DO IT!  You are so Worth It.  So get up right now and choose health, take that walk, plan out your meals, do simple baby steps to get to the goal and guess what?  You'll be there before you know it!

I believe in you and me.  Do you?

It's just me, Val  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment